There are three things I know in my heart to be true:
- I will probably be single for the rest of my life. I’m turning 22 this year, and I’ve had no luck in romantic relationships. No one has approached me, thus far, and those I have approached and confronted have all but blocked me on Facebook. Rejection is no stranger to me, and neither is loneliness.
- Good sex is pretty great, but it’s also not the end-all. But it’s still pretty great.
- There will come a time when I will go through some shit, the worst shit I’ll be going through, quite possibly. I’d like to think that, barring death, I will have the company of my closest friends, who I love very much.
There are three things I know in my heart to be false:
- “Love is everywhere.” There are places where it’s not, and these places are not filled with hate; they’re filled with apathy and indifference.
- “We have reached equality.” Say that again to people of color and women. I DARE YOU TO SAY THAT AGAIN.
- Fox news.
[posted as a response to The Daily Post. Trying to get back into this whole blogging thing.]